Terms & Conditions
At Yum! Brands (KFC) we respect your concerns about privacy. This Privacy Statement (“Statement”) describes the personal information practices of KFC with respect to information about our customers and others who visit our restaurants, Web Sites and mobile apps, including the types of personal information we collect, how we may use this information and with whom we may share it.
SixthFactor Consulting will manage the community on behalf of KFC.
- Acknowledgement and Acceptance
- KFC reserves the right at any time and from time to time, to modify or amend these Terms or any part thereof, without reasonable notice to you. Your continued use of the KFC webpages or continued participation in the KFC Community constitute an affirmative acknowledgement of any modification and your continued agreement to be bound by the modified Terms.
- Terms of Participation
- KFC Member Registration Process
- To become a Member and to participate in a KFC Community, you need to register with KFC and create a Membership Profile following the registration process set out below (the "KFC Registration Process").
- Prospective Members must complete a KFC Community registration form each time they wish to join a KFC Community. Registration forms include:
- The form available on the website, but may also include permission-based registration forms hosted on third party websites;
- Registration forms hosted by KFC and accessed via third party websites; or
- Registration forms accessed via links in an email sent to you by a third party or by KFC where you have granted permission to receive such emails from these sources.
- The registration form may include any number of questions or may be limited solely to the expression of assent to join the KFC Community.
- During each KFC Registration Process prospective Members will be notified of any terms in addition to these Terms which shall apply to membership of the respective KFC Community.
- You have to be 16 years or older to join the Community.
- Undertaking regarding information provided
- In consideration of KFC granting you access to the webpages and/or the ability to participate in a KFC Community, you agree to:
- Provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the KFC Registration Process;
- Maintain and promptly update your personal membership details including the Community Membership Profile (defined below) so as to keep it true, accurate, current and complete; and
- Provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by KFC whilst participating in a KFC Community.
- If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or KFC has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, KFC has the right to suspend or terminate your current access to, use of, and/or participation in KFC Community. This is subject to your right to refuse to participate in any activity or KFC survey or information request.
- In consideration of KFC granting you access to the webpages and/or the ability to participate in a KFC Community, you agree to:
- Your Community Membership Profile and KFC Account
- Upon completing the KFC Registration Process, Members will be provided with a profile ("Community Membership Profile") and an account ("KFC Community Account") for those activities for which points (as defined below) is awarded.
- Only one Community Membership Profile is permitted per Member for each KFC Community and only one KFC Account is permitted per Member for which points is awarded. Any Member found to have multiple Community Membership Profiles and/or KFC Accounts may have secondary Community Membership Profiles and/or KFC Accounts deleted. Points accrued in secondary KFC Accounts may not be transferred. KFC may demand proof of identity in the event of a dispute.
- A unique email address must be used by each Member. (For example, this means that family members may not each have an account using a shared email address, but must each have a separate account with a separate email address.)
- Each Community Membership Profile and KFC Account must only be accessed by an individual member and may not be accessed by any other individual without the express permission and authorization of KFC. You agree to notify KFC immediately you become aware of, or suspect any unauthorized use of your login information, Community Membership Profile and/or KFC Account, or any other breach of security.
- In the event of access to your KFC Account by another individual, KFC reserves the right to freeze the account until a resolution has been reached. KFC reserves the right to reclaim any incentive earned by access of the unauthorized user, for which the Member will have no recourse against KFC.
- Members may accrue Points for their KFC Account ("Points") in the prescribed manner detailed on the KFC webpages, including for completing the KFC Registration Process and for participating in KFC Community and related activities for which Points is awarded. The amount of Points accrued for participation in a KFC Community or related activity will be notified to Members via authorized communications.
- Unless otherwise specifically notified, Points can only be earned through following all and any instructions regarding earning Points. A Member's failure to correctly follow any required instructions or procedures may result in no Points being earned, for which the Member will have no recourse against KFC.
- Points earned will be recorded in your KFC Account, however no Points earned is ever available for redemption until the Member has (subject to paragraph 3.3.9 below) reached the specified fulfilment level notified to the Member when completing the respective KFC Registration Process.
- KFC reserves the right to change the range of activities through which Points may be accrued and to vary the frequency of invitation to such activities. KFC also reserves the right to alter the level of Points required before such Points can be redeemed.
- Points may not be transferred to other KFC Accounts nor pooled together in any manner and the sale or barter of Points is strictly prohibited. Points has no monetary value and cannot be used for any purpose other than redeeming the designated reward.
- KFC may from time to time adjust a Member's KFC Account upwards or downwards in response to errors which Members acknowledge may arise or suspected fraud, for which we have full authority.
- KFC reserves the right to terminate any KFC Account that has been dormant for a period of 6 months or more. By 'dormant' we mean, where the Member has not participated in the relevant KFC Community within the preceding 6-month period. KFC will attempt to contact the Member, via their nominated email address, if their KFC Account is at risk of termination through inactivity. In the absence of a satisfactory response, the KFC Account will be terminated, and any accrued Points will be forfeited.
- KFC Member Registration Process
- Prize Polls
- KFC may ask you to participate in activities which will enter you into a prize draw. Such draws will be governed by the respective terms and conditions specified and displayed for each prize draw.
- Apple is not the sponsor for any of the prizes and rewards in this community. All rewards are sponsored by KFC.
- Referral Links
- You may be able to earn extra Points by referring friends and family to the KFC Community, provided they join using your unique Referral Link. The conditions attached to the awarding of such extra Points are explained in the Account section of the website. When referring new Community members, you agree to not pose as or claim to represent KFC and you will not attempt to mislead or deceive prospective members into using your Referral Link to join. You agree to clear to any prospective members you refer that they will be using your unique Referral Link and that you will receive Points if they join the KFC Community via your Referral Link.
- User Content
- Use of the KFC webpages and participation in the activities may allow you to interact with, or submit content to, the KFC webpages which may be visible to other users of the KFC webpages ("User Content").
- You acknowledge that User Content provided by you is your sole responsibility. This means that you, and not KFC, are entirely responsible for all User Content you upload, post, link to, email or otherwise transmit via your use of the KFC webpages or your participation in any of the activities of KFC Community.
- KFC does not control or pre-screen the User Content posted on the webpages and does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity, or quality of such User Content, and therefore assumes no liability in respect of the User Content.
- You understand that by using the KFC webpages, you may be exposed to User Content, and you agree that you must evaluate, and bear, all risks associated with the use of any User Content, including any reliance on its accuracy, completeness, or usefulness. Notwithstanding the foregoing KFC shall have the right in their sole discretion to refuse, edit, move or remove any such User Content, whether or not it violates these Terms.
- With respect to all User Content you elect to transmit to the KFC webpages, you grant KFC the royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive license (with the right to sublicense) to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, edit, publish, translate, create derivative works from, perform and display such User Content (in whole or part) throughout the world and / or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, for any purposes.
- In the course of using the KFC webpages and / or participating in activities or related to the community, you agree not to:
- Upload, post, link to, email or otherwise transmit any information that is unlawful in any way in the Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Egypt, Lebanon, Jordan, Iraq, Morocco or in the country in which you reside;
- Impersonate any person (whether living or dead) or entity;
- Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identities in order to disguise the origin of any content transmitted through the KFC webpages or provided through participation in activities or KFC Community;
- Upload, post, link to, or otherwise transmit any information that you do not have a right to transmit;
- Upload, post, link to, email or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "chain letters", "phishing emails", "pyramid schemes", or any other form of solicitation;
- Upload, post, link to, email or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses, or any other computer, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- Collect or store personal data about other individuals; or
- Attempt to submit more than one vote per survey or do any other act that may affect the validity of any result obtained through any activity on the KFC Community.
- User Content
We may collect personal information about you when you visit one of our restaurants, use KFC Web sites (“Sites”), or use our web or mobile device applications (“Mobile Apps”). We refer to our Sites and Apps collectively as “Online Services”.
- The types of personal information we collect may include:
- Transaction information, such as product purchased, price, method of payment and payment details.
- Personal details such as name, postal address, email address, phone number, date of birth and other contact information when you provide that information to us, such as if you register with our Online Services or enter a KFC contest, competition, prize draw, or sweepstakes.
- Account information, such as username, password, and other identifiers or credentials used to access our Online Services or to acquire KFC products and services.
- Other personal information you choose to provide when you interact with KFC.
- The circumstances in which you provide personal information may include when you:
- Purchase products at our restaurants;
- Register to use our Online Services;
- Request to receive marketing or other communications;
- Use our Wi-Fi networks, kiosks or other in-store technologies;
- Enter in one of our contests, competitions, prize draws, or sweepstakes;
- Submit information when providing feedback; or
- Use interactive features of our Online Services.
- Information Collected Through Automated Means
The providers of third-party apps, tools, widgets and plug-ins on our Online Services, such as Facebook "Like" buttons, also may use automated means to collect information regarding your interactions with these features. This information is subject to the privacy policies or notices of these providers.
- Location Information
KFC Online Services and in-restaurant technologies may collect precise information about the location of your mobile device or computer using geolocation and location presence awareness technologies such as GPS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or cell tower proximity. For most mobile devices and computer systems, you are able to withdraw your permission for KFC to acquire this information on your location through the device or Web browser settings. If you have questions about how to disable collection of precise location information, we recommend you contact your mobile device service provider, the device manufacturer, or your Web browser provider. Please note that certain Online Services and in-restaurant technologies may not function properly without precise location information. If you would like us to delete location information, we have collected that is identifiable to you, please contact us at the email or postal address listed below. Please note that we may be required by law to retain certain information.
- Combined Information
We may combine personal information that we collect with information we receive from other sources, information about your prior transactions with KFC and information that is automatically collected.
- Location Information
- How We Use the Information We Collect
KFC may use the personal information we collect to:
- fulfill your requests or orders and process payments for our products and services;
- if you give us permission, communicate with you about products and services of KFC or our business partners that we believe may interest you;
- communicate with you about and administer your participation in contests, competitions, prize draws, sweepstakes, offers, promotions or special events;
- send communications to you about your orders, purchases or accounts with KFC;
- send information to your contacts if you request us to do so;
- provide customer support, respond to, and communicate with you about your requests, questions and comments;
- enable you to post on our blogs and interact with KFC through social media;
- personalize your experience on our Online Services and in-restaurant technologies, such as providing you with content in which you may be interested, and making navigation to our Sites and Mobile Apps easier;
- perform data analytics, including consumer research, trend analysis, and financial analysis;
- operate, evaluate and improve our business, including the development of new products and services;
- determination of the effectiveness of our sales, marketing and advertising efforts; and analysis and improvement of our products, offers, promotions, and Online Services and other technologies;
- protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities; and
- comply with applicable law.
We use automated information for purposes such as to (i) personalize the visitor experience in our restaurants or on our Online Services, (ii) deliver content (including advertising) tailored to our users' interests and the manner in which our users browse our Online Services or in-restaurant technologies, and (iii) manage our business. We also use this information to help diagnose technical and service problems; administer our Online Services; identify users of our Online Services; identify a device for fraud prevention purposes, to target advertising or to personalize users' experiences; and gather demographic information about our users. We also use automated information to determine usage patterns and how we may tailor our Online Services to better meet the needs of our users.
We may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
- How We Share the Personal Information We Collect
KFC does not sell or otherwise share personal information about you, except as described in this Privacy Statement.
KFC may share personal information within the KFC Family. The KFC Family includes KFC Corporation, its affiliates, subsidiaries, suppliers, vendors, and franchisees. Members of the KFC Family that receive this information from KFC are not authorized to use or disclose the information except as provided in this Privacy Statement.
KFC may share personal information with vendors that provide services to KFC, such as fulfilling orders, providing data processing and other information technology services, administering promotions, contests, prize draws and sweepstakes, conducting research and performing analytics, and personalizing individual KFC experiences. We do not authorize these vendors to use the personal information or to disclose it for any purpose other than to perform services on our behalf.
Circumstances may arise where, whether for strategic or other business reasons, KFC decides to sell or transfer all or a portion of our business. We may transfer information we have collected and stored, including personal information, to the party or parties involved in the transaction as part of that transaction.
KFC reserves the right to use or disclose personal information as needed to satisfy any law, regulation or legal request, to protect the integrity of our Online Services and in-restaurant technologies, to bring or defend against legal claims, to protect the rights, interests, safety and security of KFC, KFC employees or franchisees, or members of the public, or in connection with the investigation of fraud, illegal activity or violation of KFC policy.
- The types of personal information we collect may include:
- If you no longer wish to be a Member please contact KFC. KFC will then cease to contact you, subject to a 30-day administration period. You therefore acknowledge and agree that if you terminate your membership you may receive emails from KFC for a period of 30 days thereafter. In terminating membership, any accumulated Points will be forfeited.
- You agree that KFC, in its sole discretion, may terminate or suspend your KFC Membership, or participation in any activities, or remove or discard any User Content, for any reason, including, without limitation, for lack of use, or if KFC believed that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of these Terms.
- You agree that any termination of your access to the KFC Community under any provision of these Terms may be affected without notice and acknowledge and agree that KFC may immediately deactivate your registration as a Member and/or bar access to the KFC Community. Further, you agree that KFC shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any termination of your access to the KFC Community.
- KFC reserves the right to terminate the KFC Community, or KFC webpages at any time. In such a case and unless specified otherwise, no KFC Account points will be redeemable by any members with the exception of those who have reached fulfilment level referred to in section 2.3.8 above. KFC will endeavor to communicate to all Members the termination period, however KFC will not be liable for failure to notify any Member regardless of the reasons.
- You hereby agree to indemnify and keep indemnified KFC, its successors and assignees and each of its respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all liability, damages, losses, claims (including reasonable legal fees) resulting in any way from your use of the KFC webpages (including the provision of User Content) or your participation in the activities for KFC Community or resulting from any breach of this Agreement whether such breach is carried out by you or by any other person through your Community Membership Profile or KFC Account.
- Third Party Websites
- Links included within the KFC webpages may let you leave the KFC webpages and enter into other website(s) ("Linked Site(s)"). The Linked Sites are not under the control of KFC and KFC is not responsible and nor shall it be liable for the contents of any Linked Sites or any links contained in a linked site or any changes or updates to such sites. KFC is not responsible for webcasting or any other form of transmission received from any Linked Site. KFC is only providing these links to you as a convenience and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by KFC of the site or any association with their operators.
- Intellectual Property
- All pages and content within the KFC webpages, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, audio, video, photographs, software, inventions, surveys, logos or other materials (“Materials”) are the intellectual property of, or are authorized for use by, KFC and its licensors, business partners and affiliates, including all trademarks, service marks, copyrights, patents, database rights and trade secrets contained therein. The compilation, organization and display of the content as well as all software and inventions used on and in connection with the KFC webpages are the exclusive property of KFC. Except as expressly permitted in these terms and conditions, you may not modify, copy, reproduce, create derivative works, republish, display, upload, post, transmit, distribute or use in any way content available on this site without the prior written consent of KFC.
- All notices given by KFC to Members will be sent to their designated email address provided by them during the KFC Registration Process.
- A waiver by KFC of any breach by you of any of the provisions of these Terms or the acquiescence of KFC to any act (whether of commission or omission) which but for such acquiescence would be a breach as aforesaid shall not constitute a general waiver of such provision or of any subsequent act contrary thereto.
- A person who is not a party to these Terms shall have no right under these Terms. For the avoidance of doubt, any legislation in any relevant jurisdiction giving rights to third parties is hereby excluded.
- These Terms shall be governed by the laws of United Arab Emirates and you agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the UAE courts.
- These Terms have been drafted in the English language. In the event of any inconsistency between the English version of these Terms and any translation thereof, the English version shall prevail.
- Code of Conduct
Your use of KFC Community is strictly tied to your compliance with these Terms. Any use of KFC Community in violation with these Terms is strictly prohibited and can result in the immediate revocation of your account and may subject you to liability towards KFC or liability for violations of law. You agree that you will not, under any circumstances:
- post any information that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory, libelous, or racially, sexually, religiously, or otherwise objectionable or offensive or engage in ongoing toxic behavior, such as by repeatedly posting information on an unsolicited basis;
- post any information that contains nudity, excessive violence, or offensive subject matter or that contains a link to such content;
- attempt to, or harass, abuse, or harm, or advocate or incite harassment, abuse, or harm of another person, group, including KFC employees, including KFC customer service representatives;
- use KFC Community for fraudulent or abusive purposes (including, without limitation, by using KFC Community to impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise misrepresent KFC's affiliation with any person, entity or KFC Community);
- disguise, anonymize or hide your IP address or the source of any material or content that you upload into KFC Community;
- interfere with or disrupt KFC Community, servers or networks that provide KFC Community;
- attempt to decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble or hack any of KFC Community, or to defeat or overcome any of the encryption technologies or security measures or data transmitted, processed or stored by KFC Community;
- solicit or attempt to solicit login information or any other login credentials or personal information from other users of KFC Community;
- 'harvest', 'scrape', collect or post any information about or regarding other people that use KFC Community, including, but not limited to any personal data or information (including but not limited to 'pixel tags' cookies, graphics interchange formats ('gifs') or similar items a.k.a 'spyware' or 'pcms' (passive collection mechanisms);
- disrupt the normal flow of a chat or discussion, or otherwise act in a manner that is likely to negatively affect others' ability to participate;
- institute, assist, or become involved in any type of attack, including without limitation distribution of a virus, denial of service attacks upon KFC Community, or other attempts to disrupt KFC Community or any other person's use or enjoyment of KFC Community;
- disobey any requirements or regulations of any network connected to KFC Community;
- circumvent technological measures designed to control access to, or elements of KFC Community; or do anything else that KFC deems not to be within the spirit or intent of KFC Community.
You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for your actions in KFC Community and actions made in KFC Community using your account. KFC reserves the right to determine what conduct it considers to be in violation of these Terms or other rules of KFC Community, or otherwise outside the intent or spirit of these Terms of Service or KFC Community itself. KFC Community reserves the right to take action as a result, which may include terminating your access to KFC Community in whole or in par.